Crave's Summer Smoked Salmon
- 5 to 8 pound wild salmon fillet with the skin on
- 4 cups Kosher Salt
- 4 cups Brown Sugar
- 4 cups White Sugar
- ½ cup dry dill
- ½ cup onion powder
- ½ cup garlic powder
- ¼ cup smoked paprika
1. Cut the fillet into large 1 pound chunks keeping the skin on.
2. Encase the salmon chunks in the dry cure. A big plastic tub works great, just make sure all the salmon is covered completly by the cure.
3. Let the salmon sit in the cure, refrigerated for 1 day, 1 ½ days for extra thick salmon.
4. Place on cooling racks and and air dry in a refrigerator, uncovered for one more day.
5. Hot Smoke your salmon with any type of smoking chip flavor you prefer for 1 ½ hours.
6. If the salmon is not cooked through after you pull it out of the smoker, fish cooking it in the oven.
7. Cool the salmon completely and then you are ready to eat your smoked salmon.
Serve and enjoy!